Your Ad Here

Rumour: Android-powered Sony Ericsson X3 will land in January?

Sony Ericsson X3 to hit the market in JanuaryYep, you read the title of this blog post right, I said Sony Ericsson X3, not X2. Y’see, that’s the rumour currently doing the rounds, according to BGR. Allegedly, the Sony Ericsson X3, which I’ve previously talked about here under its codename of ‘Rachael’ (a lot of these things, like the names, are assuming the phone actually exists… we’ve not actually had definitive confirmation of that from Sony Ericsson), is going to hit shelves in January 2010.

I, however, remain to be convinced that this is indeed the case.

There’s a two-fold reason for that. First, the Sony Ericsson X2 has already been announced, but to the best of my knowledge, there’s no concrete release date for it (or, at least, I’ve not heard one). I find it odd that a phone that’s had no official unveiling yet would get a release date before another of their flagship phones, that has. Secondly, I find it odd that we’ve not heard anything about, or seen any actual live pics of, the actual phone. The first leak was a render, which is fine, because it was leaked at the same time as the Kiki, and that’s now been confirmed as the Xperia Pureness.

But the second one was entirely more dubious, with the supposed UI featuring photos of actor David Wenham, which still makes me question whether it’s the genuine article.

So, basically, there’s a lot of questions still hanging over the Sony Ericsson X3, in my mind. I’m prepared to concede that it may well exist. I’m prepared to concede that Sony Ericsson will definitely be releasing an Android phone. I’m even prepared to concede it’ll have the Snapdragon processor that the Toshiba TG01 runs on (though that bit’s more wishful thinking).

Will it be released in January, with the UI that we’ve seen on video?

That I’m not so sure about

For More Links

Your Ad Here

Followers

About This Blog

Your Online Source Of Latest Mobile, Updates, Features, Latest Mobile, New Technology, News, Every Thing Related To Mobile...


free counters

  © Blogger template Purple by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP